[Snort-users] Assistance Request

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at ...589...
Wed Apr 13 09:40:43 EDT 2016

Your problem sounds more like a pfsense problem and not a snort issue (on connectivity). Can you be more specific on why you believe it's a snort problem?

If you are able to span the traffic from pfsense (or any network device) into snort you can inspect from there.

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Phone: (office) 443.430.7112
Email: allewi at ...589...

From: Leo Nespoli [mailto:leo4b at ...17494...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:08 AM
To: Al Lewis (allewi); eric.martin at ...4994...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Assistance Request

I'm asking on snort users list because I think it seems a snort's problem...

I've already used snort to monitor LAN communication, and now I'm trying to use it also on my local WiFi.

Searching on internet, I found some documentation on the Snort's integration with Kismet.

By the way, do you think that there is a way to solve this problem?

Thanks for your time.