[Snort-users] Help with install

Orion Christopher orionquest44 at ...11827...
Fri Sep 18 22:56:56 EDT 2015

Running Ubuntu 14.04 following the directions on Snort.org site, and
everything works until I have to test the first rule that was created in
local.rules.  Nothing is being sent to console or collected in a log file.
No log file is being created in /var/log/snort.  I don't know what setting
needs to be set.  Using the newest version of Snort Version 2.9.7.5 GRE
(Build 262).

I'm new to the snort mailing list, any help would be fantastic.