[Snort-users] 32bit snort rpm

Carter Waxman (cwaxman) cwaxman at ...589...
Tue Sep 15 09:57:28 EDT 2015

libsfbpf is included with DAQ. Are you able to build and install DAQ without any issues?

From: "Lamont, Brian A." <Brian.Lamont at ...17273...<mailto:Brian.Lamont at ...391...7273...>>
Date: Monday, September 14, 2015 at 6:59 PM
To: Michael Steele <michaels at ...9077...<mailto:michaels at ...9077...>>, "snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] 32bit snort rpm

But I should be able to build from source, at least according to one of the README files, correct?   I have started one build after installing the libpcap and other prereqs, and it started to take off and look like a build, then failed for the error below.   Where can I find the sfbpf library?

[root at ...17307... snort]# rpmbuild -ta snort-2.9.7.5.tar.gz
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.9801
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ rm -rf snort-2.9.7.5
+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /var/tmp/snort/snort-2.9.7.5.tar.gz

.
..
checking for INADDR_NONE... yes
checking for __FUNCTION__... yes
checking for sfbpf_compile in -lsfbpf... no

   ERROR!  sfbpf library not found, go get it from
   http://www.snort.org/.

RPM build errors: