[Snort-users] Compiling Barnyard2- fatal error: daq.h: No such file or directory

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sat Sep 5 09:55:22 EDT 2015

It looks like DAQ won’t compile without LIBPCAP compiled and installed.

I’m not sure exactly what happed between 333 and 336 but I never had to compile DAQ in in order to compile Basrnyard2 for windows under CYGWin. It now looks like it’s looking for LIBPCAP to be installed before DAQ will install.

It appears the CYGWin compiling process for Barnyard2 for windows may be severed for some reason.

I don’t think DAQ or LIBPCAP needs to be an installed requirement for this, seeing it was not required in 333?

I may be missing something here. I think I need some verification from someone on the Barnyard2 developers team. Is it’s still possible to compile Barnyard2 under CYGWin. I’m spent several hours on trying to move forward on this with not much luck.

Thanks…