[Snort-users] Does multiple configs works with snort 2.9.7.5?

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at ...11827...
Tue Sep 1 09:41:16 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Russ <rucombs at ...589...> wrote:

> On 9/1/15 8:56 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM, C.L. Martinez <carlopmart at ...11827...>
>> wrote:

>>> Ok, I have attached all config files implied plus the output of "snort -c
>>> snort.conf -T".
>>>
>>> As you can see in the output, I have defined a different logdir for both
>>> configs, but snort output only "sees" the default value "/var/log/snort"
>>> For bpf_filter options is the same. I need to define different bpf
>>> filters
>>> for both configs, but bpf_filter option is no t read by snort.
>
> logdir is not configurable by policy (same for most config options).  Check
> here:
>
> http://manual.snort.org/node25.html#SECTION003102100000000000000

Them the only options configurable in multiple configs (apart of
define rules and vars) are these:

config checksum_drop
config disable_decode_alerts
config disable_decode_drops
config disable_ipopt_alerts
config disable_ipopt_drops
config disable_tcpopt_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_drops
config disable_tcpopt_experimental_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_experimental_drops
config disable_tcpopt_obsolete_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_obsolete_drops
config disable_ttcp_alerts
config disable_tcpopt_ttcp_alerts
config disable_ttcp_drops

??

But If I remember well, in previous snort versions it would be
possible to configure logdir and bpf filter file for every multiple
config ... Isn't it??