[Snort-users] Forbidden

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Thu May 28 20:16:51 EDT 2015

On 05/28/2015 05:05 PM, filipe.palma at ...17179... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my OP I had paste information given by command snort -V that has

yes, you sure did... my apologies... i saw that as one of those large address
blocks that some folks and companies put on their messages...

>   -*> Snort! <*-
>    o"  )~   Version 2.9.7.2 GRE (Build 177) FreeBSD

it appears that that version is still supported until 2015 Aug 17...

the next question is if you have pasted your snort oinkcode into the necessary
file for it to be used when you attempt to pull the rules...

that version is now out of the 30day limit for registered users and paying
subscribers don't have to worry about this... so the rules should be
available... what tool are you using on your pfsense to download the rules?

> I have one registed account so i don´t understand the comment from Michael about
> create  a user account.

i think we're ok with that for now... unless you are trying to use one account
for all of your sensors if you have more than one... there should be only one
oinkcode per sensor and it should never be shared with anyone else or any other
sensors...