[Snort-users] Segregating drop alerts

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Tue May 26 17:45:08 EDT 2015

I believe what you are asking, is a field in the unified2 log file for each alert that tells you if it was dropped or not.

http://manual.snort.org/node44.html

 blocked                 1 byte

Yup.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On May 26, 2015, at 2:38 PM, Anshuman Anil Deshmukh <anshuman at ...16510...<mailto:anshuman at ...16510...>> wrote:

Hi,

I never said I just want one to log. I am already logging both.

I am adding the drop statement using pulledpork dropsid.conf and not doing it manually.

Can you tell me how I can add "Dropped to" statement to the beginning of the message in the rule using pulledpork?

Regards,
Anshuman