[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.7.2 throws ERROR: Cannot decode data link type 113 while reading pcaps

Pratik Narang pratik.cse.bits at ...11827...
Wed May 20 07:40:39 EDT 2015

Dear Snort users,

It is good to be back on this list after a long, long time :D
I haven't used Snort since 2 years, so my skills have got rusted.
Pardon the naivety of my questions, since I am essentially a noob
again :)

I am running Snort 2.9.7.2 on Ubuntu 12.04. It was running fine while
listening to eth0 interface.
Now, I tried to run it against .pcap files in a directory using the
option --pcap-dir="/path/to/dumpfiles". Snort throws up an error:
ERROR: Cannot decode data link type 113
I read somewhere that "--enable-non-ether-decoders" can be used to
resolve this. But I guess this option is not available for the present
version of Snort.

Any guesses where I am wrong and how to resolve this?

Thanks!