[Snort-users] snort as a service

Adam Ring adam.ring at ...17155...
Wed May 6 13:09:47 EDT 2015

I am having trouble trying to configure snort to run as a service in windows server 2012.  I am able to install it, but when I try to start it I get an error which states: windows could not start the snort service on local computer. Error 193: 0xc1.  Any help would be appreciated.

Adam Ring
[cid:image001.png at ...17154...]
IT Help Desk
703-677-9540 ext. 1540

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and attachments (if applicable)
and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person
other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. You
may be subject to confidentiality restrictions in an existing contract with AOC
Solutions, Inc. As a result, you must protect the contents of this communication
according to such terms and conditions.