[Snort-users] Parallel running of snort

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at ...589...
Tue May 5 16:31:20 EDT 2015

Hello,

Use the "--prefix=" flag in the configure script to specify the directory to install snort into.

Example:

./configure --prefix=/var/tmp/snort-2.9.5.3

Will install everything in the /var/tmp/snort-2.9.5.3 directory

./configure --prefix=/var/tmp/snort-2.9.7.2

Will install everything in the /var/tmp/snort-2.9.7.2 directory

Be sure to copy over the "etc" and "preproc" directory into each install location.

Depending on the versions, you also may have to specify a different DAQ location as the newer snort builds wont work with the older daq's.

Hope this helps!

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco