[Snort-users] Trigger anomalies (on LXC container versus host)

Chris berzerkatives at ...11827...
Sun May 3 18:32:48 EDT 2015

Hi Albert,

Absolutely, thanks for getting back to me, and I'd be more than happy to
provide extra information.

I'm guessing pcaps wouldn't be of any use as running tcpdump on the
container and hypervisor at the same time yielded the exact same
packets (that one system flagged, and the other ignored). I've just
taken a moment to diff the packet capture that would be expected to
trigger Snort, and the only difference is a very slight timestamp
difference.

Like I say, the configs are pretty much vanilla Debian with the
smallest amount of tweaking for interface names, and not much else.
Should I just tar up /etc/snort and send it over?