[Snort-users] React option doesn't work

Carter Waxman (cwaxman) cwaxman at ...589...
Mon Mar 30 10:22:21 EDT 2015

For #3,  2.9.7.0 beta may work (depending on the host), but the upcoming patch is more reliable and you would lose several other important fixes, so I would strongly advise against doing so.

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler at ...589...<mailto:jesler at ...589...>>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2015 at 10:01 AM
To: Robert Lasota <wrkilu at ...3879...<mailto:wrkilu at ...3879...>>
Cc: Carter Waxman <cwaxman at ...589...<mailto:cwaxman at ...589...>>, snort-users <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at ...973...et>>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] React option doesn't work

On Mar 28, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Robert Lasota <wrkilu at ...3879...<mailto:wrkilu at ...3879...>> wrote:

Dnia Piątek, 27 Marca 2015 22:08 Carter Waxman (cwaxman) <cwaxman at ...16731.....<mailto:cwaxman at ...589...>> napisał(a)
Thanks, this is an issue we are aware of. There should be a fix in the
next release.

In that case:
1. do you know maybe when new release will be ?

We don’t have a firm release date for the next version of Snort at this time.

2. should I add some bug in some snort-bugtrack to don't miss that?

We don’t have a publicly available bug tracking system.  We used to, but no one used it for several years, so we shut it off about a year ago.

3. do you know maybe if some older version doesn't have this bug ?

I am not aware.  Maybe one of the developers can answer.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager