[Snort-users] Snort output problem ??

Kumarswamy H N (kumhn) kumhn at ...589...
Mon Mar 30 07:32:31 EDT 2015

Please make sure that output directive is specified as part of config file( snort.conf ) and not as an argument.

Regards,
Kumar

From: mohamed elqaissy [mailto:mohamed_elqaissy at ...131...]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 3:26 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort output problem ??

Hi all ;

I want to use Snort to do some experiments on intrusion detections. I am really new to Snort , so I learn myself through tutorials on youtube and web pages.

I wanna to make snort to detects attacks in dataset 'outside.tcpdump ' and write detection results in CSV file . now its make detection but can`t write to csv file, using this line of code :

c:\Snort\bin>snort -r c:\outside.tcpdump -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -T output alert_csv: alert.csv timestamp, msg

and I get this error :

ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to 'output alert_csv: alert.csv timestamp, msg'(³>P)!
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Could not create the registry key.

any help please !