[Snort-users] Snort output problem ??

mohamed elqaissy mohamed_elqaissy at ...131...
Mon Mar 30 05:55:36 EDT 2015

 Hi all ;
I want to use Snort to do some experiments on intrusion detections. I am really new to Snort , so I learn myself through tutorials on youtube and web pages.
I wanna to make snort to detects attacks in dataset 'outside.tcpdump ' and write detection results in CSV file . now its make detection but can`t write to csv file, using this line of code :
c:\Snort\bin>snort -r c:\outside.tcpdump -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -T output alert_csv: alert.csv timestamp, msg
and I get this error :
ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to 'output alert_csv: alert.csv timestamp, msg'(³>P)!
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Could not create the registry key.
any help please !