[Snort-users] snort-windows webserver-ec2

Eugene Grama eugene.grama at ...11827...
Wed Mar 25 09:08:03 EDT 2015

Hello Team,

I have a Web Server Windows 2008 R2 instance EC2 (amazon)

Amazon, won't allow traffic monitoring (even in your own network). You will
only get a traffic for that specific port, in where you are listening.

So I decided to install snort in the webserver itself so it can analyze
traffic against its rule. But snort is not working as NIDS mode. Able to
get packets in packet logger mode

I had test machine (but not in aws) and snort is working fine, i had
imported my config file from test machine to production but still not
working.

Also tried old version 2970 but still unable to make it work.

If you need any clarification, please tell me, needing any support
--
Thank you and Best regards,

Eugene