[Snort-users] gen-msg.map is missing! What to do? Where to get it?

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Mar 11 16:11:40 EDT 2015

Was Snort installed from a package or source? If from source, then this files exists under /etc after you untar the source. Verify first that the files does not exist in a different directory. If still not found, you can download it from here: https://www.snort.org/configurations
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:04:09 -0700
From: drewshg at ...11827...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] gen-msg.map is missing! What to do? Where to get it?

Hi guys!

When running:

$ barnyard2 -c /etc/barnyard2.conf -f merged.log -d /var/log/snort

Running in Continuous mode

        --== Initializing Barnyard2 ==--
Initializing Input Plugins!
Initializing Output Plugins!
Parsing config file "/etc/barnyard2.conf"

+[ Signature Suppress list ]+
----------------------------
+[No entry in Signature Suppress List]+
+[ Signature Suppress list ]+

ERROR: Unable to open Generator file "/etc/snort/gen-msg.map": No such file or directory
ERROR: [Barnyard2Init()], failed while processing [/etc/snort/gen-msg.map]
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Barnyard2 exiting...

Where can I find this file? Please help me to solve this problem?
--
A.S.

Snort-users list archive: