[Snort-users] Is ACID related to the snort's mysql support?‏

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Fri Mar 6 11:49:37 EST 2015

BASE is not a replacement of ACID, It's an continuing ACID project with a
name change.

BASE is nothing more than an alias for ACID, but I guess it's splitting
hairs...

Best regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management…
--
******************** Established ~ 2002 **********************
* FREE Windows Intrusion Detection System (WinIDS) Tutorials *
*            ~~ FREE Windows Support Forums ~~               *
*               Visit @ http://winsnort.com                  *
*     Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://snort.org      *

From: Shirkdog [mailto:shirkdog at ...11827...]
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2015 10:55 AM
To: Joel Esler (jesler)
Cc: Archer Yang; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Is ACID related to the snort's mysql support?‏

Joel, take one drink:

"Joel tells someone that ACID is dead and they should use BASE"

http://blog.joelesler.net/p/snort-drinking-game.html

---
Michael Shirk

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler at ...589...>
wrote:
> BASE is acid's replacement. But it's pretty dated at this point. You
> should check out Snorby.
>
> --
> Joel Esler
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 6, 2015, at 3:38 AM, Archer Yang <evadyoungxr at ...11827...> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>

> Recently I just knew that snort does not support mysql anymore from

"http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K7068wW86vUJ:blog.snor
t.org/2012/07/database-output-is-dead-rip.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us".