[Snort-users] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Tue Mar 3 12:39:34 EST 2015

In my opinion, you're probably better off building from source the things
you'll need.  They will be more up to date and easier to
replace/upgrade/tweak when the time comes, in addition to adding pfring if
you need it.  A quick down and dirty looks like this:

yum Install the normal build tools

install tcpdump/libpcap from source

ldconifg

yum -y install mysql-devel zlib zlib-devel pcre pcre-devel

ldconfig

install dnet from source

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib/
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib64/

ldconfig

install daq from source

/usr/local/bin/daq-modules-config

ldconfig