[Snort-users] http_inspect_server syntax error ?

Research research at ...17107...
Sun Mar 1 12:25:03 EST 2015

Hi,

I am currently trying to configure the: http_inspect_server preprocessor options.

As a minimalist approach, I have:

	preprocessor http_inspect_server: server 1.2.3.4 profile apache ports { 80 }

I am aiming to have the options:

	server 1.2.3.4		My web server IP address
	profile apache		My web server is Apache
	ports { 80 } 		…running HTTP on port 80

However, when I attempt to launch Snort, I receive the following error:

	Verifying Preprocessor Configurations!
	HttpInspectConfigCheck() default server configuration not specified
	Fatal Error, Quitting..

…which seems to apply it wants a profile of default.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks