[Snort-users] [snort-users] generate .rule file for shared object rule

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Jan 31 17:39:56 EST 2015

On 1/31/2015 2:03 PM, zT wrote:
> hello , i finally after a lot of search create my own shared object rule contain
> it's .o and .l files but how can create .rule file to load in snort.conf???????

.rule files are generally just plain text and contain plain text rules... look
at any of the thousands of existing .rule files to see examples...

if you are wanting to know how to include your .so dynamic rule, that's a
different question with a slightly different solution...