[Snort-users] Automation tools to manage NIDS servers?

Doug Burks doug.burks at ...11827...
Thu Jan 29 16:48:38 EST 2015

Hi Bryan,

In Security Onion, we use salt (similar to puppet):
https://code.google.com/p/security-onion/wiki/Salt

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Bryan Arenal <b.arenal at ...11827...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what automation tools people use to manage their NIDS
> servers.  My group uses puppet for other types of boxes but I haven't
> used it for my boxes.
>
> Before I go down that path, I was just curious if there's something
> better that others prefer.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> Bryan

Doug Burks
Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?
http://securityonionsolutions.com