[Snort-users] [Snort-user] dynamic variable for content match

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Jan 28 19:52:16 EST 2015

On 1/27/2015 11:35 AM, zT wrote:
> i don't understand what do you mean????

you said that you wanted to enter a string at the command line and have a rule
in snort detect that string in the network traffic... Al asked you to clarify
and listed his understanding of what you wanted to do... you came back and said
that was not the way you wanted to do it... so i asked you to be more explicit
and tell us how you do want to do it... we're still waiting on your explanation
of what you desire ;)