[Snort-users] Building DAQ for freebsd - afpacket

Tony Robinson deusexmachina667 at ...11827...
Thu Jan 22 14:43:27 EST 2015

Hello,

In my continued adventures in freebsd... I'm having build the afpacket
module for freebsd. whenever I attempt to ./configure daq-2.0.4 I get the
following output at the end of the configure script:

Build AFPacket DAQ module.. : no
Build Dump DAQ module...... : yes
Build IPFW DAQ module...... : yes
Build IPQ DAQ module....... : no
Build NFQ DAQ module....... : no
Build PCAP DAQ module...... : yes
Build netmap DAQ module...... : yes

The part i'm interested in is AFPacket, and why its set to no. I asked a
little bit about this on the snort IRC channel, and the recommendation I
was given to try was to run ./configure --disable-netmap-module which
changes to this:

Build AFPacket DAQ module.. : no
Build Dump DAQ module...... : yes
Build IPFW DAQ module...... : yes
Build IPQ DAQ module....... : no
Build NFQ DAQ module....... : no
Build PCAP DAQ module...... : yes
Build netmap DAQ module...... : no

with seemingly no affect to afpacket DAQ at all. Have any of you had
success building afpacket DAQ on freebsd?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
--
when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?