[Snort-users] restart snort after pulledpork updates ?

Eugeniu Babin eugen.babin at ...11827...
Thu Jan 22 09:29:22 EST 2015

Hi Joel,
Thank You for Your replay.
Unfortunately snort command is not accepting --reload parameter.
I'm using 2.9.7 version.
And I run SNORT in daemon mode.
If I want to check daily rules updates using pulled pork then I have to
automate somehow the restart of SNORT process, which will became more
complicated when I'll monitor more interfaces.
Could You please explain what did You mean by -- reload option after pulled
pork finished his updates.

Many Thanks,
Eugene