[Snort-users] Old Snort Rules

Zeeshan Afzal zeeshan.afzal at ...17062...
Mon Jan 12 12:52:13 EST 2015

Hi,

Thanks. I was actually more interested in finding the actual snapshots with
rules in their specific categories. If I cant find then I will just extract
them from the deleted.rules files and sort them into categories myself.

/Zee
-----Original Message-----
From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler at ...589...>
To: Zeeshan Afzal <zeeshan.afzal at ...17062...>
Cc: "snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:52:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Old Snort Rules

Old rules are moved to the deleted.rules file.  They never go away totally.

On Jan 12, 2015, at 6:40 AM, Zeeshan Afzal <zeeshan.afzal at ...17062...> wrote:

Hi,

Would it be possible to find old Snort rule snapshots anywhere? I am
interested in doing a study showing trends.

Best Regards,
Zeeshan
Snort-users list archive:

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort