[Snort-users] man page doesn't list two valid alert modes

Ely Petty elypforums at ...131...
Sun Jan 4 13:24:52 EST 2015

Should I re-post these comments to the devel mailing list?
      From: Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler at ...589...>
 To: Ely Petty <elypforums at ...131...>
Cc: "snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:08 AM
 Subject: Re: [Snort-users] man page doesn't list two valid alert modes

Also seems to be missing "cmg".

--Joel Esler Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2015, at 3:47 AM, Ely Petty <elypforums at ...131...> wrote:

Hi,    The man page for snort doesn’t list two valid alert modes. If I run the command “man snort” to view the snort man page, next to the –A alert-mode option, it says “Valid alert modes include fast, full, none, and unsock”.  However, when I run the command “snort --help”, it also lists the modes console and test (in addition to all the modes listed in the man page).    This caused me some confusion as I am just learning snort and trying to determine valid alert mode options for simple testing of alerts.    Can the man page be corrected so that the –A option lists the console and test modes?    I am using snort version 2.9.7.0 GRE (Build 149), which was compiled from source.
Thanks,

Snort-users list archive: