[Snort-users] $eth1_ADDRESS still a valid variable in 2.9.7.0?

Starner, Mark mark.starner at ...5850...
Tue Feb 17 11:32:45 EST 2015

I use $eth1_ADDRESS in one of my local rules, and when snort 2.9.7.0 starts,
it says:

ERROR: rules/local.rules(8) Undefined variable in the string: $eth1_ADDRESS.

I think I encountered this with a previous upgrade, but I don't recall how I
resolved it.

So

1)      Is this still valid with 2.9.7.0?

2)      If Yes, then what would cause this NOT to be defined (yes, I
verified I have an eth1 and it has an IP address defined.

Thanks

Mark