[Snort-users] Snort and a remote mssql database server

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at ...11827...
Tue Feb 17 06:36:41 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Eugene Grama <eugene.grama at ...11827...>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can snort send its result to a remote mssql server?
>
> If yes (and I really hope so), can you kindly please give me any link for
> guides/procedure on how to accomplish this.
>
> I can see there are issues with regarding to authentication of mssql and
> snort.

The latest version of snort has done away with logging to DB.  You have to
rely on other tools like barnyard2 to make this happen.

--
Regards,
Balasubramaniam Natarajan