[Snort-users] Fwd: snort using rpcap in windows

Eugene Grama eugene.grama at ...11827...
Tue Feb 17 01:24:57 EST 2015

Hello,

Can snort run using rpcap? I'm trying this command, but not successful

snort -c c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\Snort\log --daq pcap --daq-mode
inline -i
rpcap://[xx.xxx.xxx.xx]:2002/\Device\NPF_{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx}

I run on ERROR:pcap does not support inline

run command snort --daq-list; the result is Available DAQ modules:
pcap(v3): readback live multi unpriv

Please help, how can i connect and collect data to my remote machine
(Windows web server)
--
Thank you and Best regards,

Eugene