[Snort-users] install/configure Snort IPS mode on Windows OS

Stephen Gantz stephen.gantz at ...16854...
Fri Feb 13 12:06:49 EST 2015

Installing and running Snort on Windows is pretty simple, unless you want to add Barnyard2 or other companion tools that will require Cygwin to be deployed on Windows.  The other thing to keep in mind regarding your original question is that Snort cannot really be deployed to run as an inline IPS the way it can on Linux. You can certainly use it as an IDS however.

Dr. Stephen D. Gantz
CISSP-ISSAP, CEH, CGEIT, CRISC, CIPP/G, C|CISO
Professor of Information Assurance
The Graduate School
University of Maryland University College
stephen.gantz at ...16854...