[Snort-users] install/configure Snort IPS mode on Windows OS

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Fri Feb 13 11:48:31 EST 2015

Take a look here for a bunch of installation guides for Windows:

http://www.winsnort.com/forum/7-tutorials-support-forums-for-installing-a-3264-bit-windows-intrusion-detection-system/

That being said, we don’t officially recommend that you run Snort on Windows, while it is possible and lots of people do.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager