[Snort-users] Test Snort Performance

Ali Masoudi masoudi1983 at ...11827...
Sat Dec 19 02:57:52 EST 2015

Hi

I have a Centos system which I compiled and installed snort on. I want to
perform a performance test with custom set of rules before deploy the
system. With using of iperf and some edited pcap file. I ran some tests but
they're not enough.

As for pcap file, I download it from internet and I edited MAC & IP
addresses using tcpwrite to match source and destination. but destination
system did not see entire traffic within pcap file.

Is there any tool to test snort performance? Or should I use traffic
generators available in internet?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my poor English.

Best Regards
Ali