[Snort-users] Snort production setup design

Steven Dracker steven at ...17402...
Thu Dec 17 10:40:07 EST 2015

Is there a Windows equivalent to daemonlogger or netsniff-ng?

Thanks,
Steve

From: Steven Dracker [mailto:steven at ...17402...]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:29 AM
To: Davison, Charles Robert <cdaviso1 at ...17214...>; sandeep dubey <sandeep.sanash at ...11827...>
Cc: Rodgers, Anthony (DTMB) <RodgersA1 at ...17120...>; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort production setup design

Thanks for the response!

Option 1 works in a similar way to Alert Logic Threat Manager for AWS.

The Option 2 approach I had not considered. I would have to look at pricing and scalability limitations but this sounds more like the kind of solution I am looking for.  We already have HIDS on each node so we are cove3red laterally.

Regards,
Steven