[Snort-users] --enable-open-appid failing even though luajit is installed

Y M snort at ...15979...
Mon Dec 7 14:21:14 EST 2015

Avery,

Here is what I did on FreeBSD 10.2 which succeeded with me:

./configure --enable-sourcefire --enable-open-appid luajit_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0" luajit_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lluajit-5.1"

# which luajit

/usr/local/bin/luajit

# which lua51
/usr/local/bin/lua51

YM
________________________________
From: Avery Rozar <avery.rozar at ...17372...>
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 7:14 PM
To: William S
Cc: Y M; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; snort-devel at ...973...et
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] --enable-open-appid failing even though luajit is installed

I did see this one but from what I can see freeBSD 10.2 is not using pkg-config, but I could be wrong.

Thank you,
Avery

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM, William S <willst at ...11827...<mailto:willst at ...11827...>> wrote:
Hi,
Back in May I had issues installing on OS X, with --enable-open-appid complaining about LuaJIT.  I sent my solution to the list.  Maybe this will help?  Text from my response:

"""
Hi,
Well, this is fun.  I started picking apart the configure script again to figure out which pkg-config commands it was running.  I then realized I didn't have pkg-config installed at all, which was actually evidenced in the script output.  Just before the "checking for luajit... no" line, it also said "checking for pkg-config... no".  Further, grepping for PKG_CONFIG variables in config.log shows that PKG_CONFIG and PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR were empty.  I installed pkg-config via brew, reran my configure script with options, and voila.  It configures and compiles just fine!

To further validate, I uninstalled pkg-config, reran configure, and it failed as expected.

Moral of the story - pkg-config is required for the configure script on OS X, at least when enabling OpenAppID.

Thanks for the prompting to check on pkg-config.

For future reference, this was what my reply was GOING to be before I did that one last configure after installing pkg-config:

"""
I believe this means that pkgconfig can find LuaJIT:

$ pkg-config --libs luajit
-L/usr/local/lib -lluajit-5.1

And

$ pkg-config --list-all | grep -i lua
lua5.2               Lua - An Extensible Extension Language
lua-5.2              Lua - An Extensible Extension Language
luajit               LuaJIT - Just-in-time compiler for Lua
lua                  Lua - An Extensible Extension Language

If I'm pulling the right lines from configure script, I think this also means yes it can find LuaJIT:

$ pkg-config --print-errors --cflags --libs luajit
-I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0 -L/usr/local/lib -lluajit-5.1
"""