[Snort-users] ADODB version and BASE

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Dec 7 11:21:02 EST 2015

I really haven’t seen anything either that points to a problem with 519 in my testing with BASE, but I could be missing something?

It appears that BASE is not compatible with PHP7, at least with my current testing, as BASE produced several errors when starting up.  I don’t suspect PHP5 will be at EOL for a very long time.

Maybe Noah Dietrich could give us a clue as to what he found regarding ADOdb?

Thanks…

From: Dr. Stephen Gantz [mailto:stephen.gantz at ...16854...]
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 10:36 AM
To: Michael Steele <michaels at ...9077...>; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] ADODB version and BASE

I've been using ADOdb 5.19 with BASE 1.4.5 for at least a year and have never had any issues. My use of BASE is pretty basic, but I do use the graphing extensions. I haven't tried the new 5.20 version. I have also held off on moving to PHP 7 because I haven't seen anything to suggest that ADOdb works with anything other than 5.x.

Dr. Stephen D. Gantz

CISSP-ISSAP, CEH, CGEIT, CRISC, CIPP/G, C|CISO

Professor of Information Assurance

The Graduate School

University of Maryland University College

 <mailto:stephen.gantz at ...16854...> stephen.gantz at ...16854...