[Snort-users] ADODB version and BASE

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Dec 7 09:07:54 EST 2015

I see there is a new update to ADODB (520). I'm pushing out 518a to clients,
and was wondering if anyone has any information about ADODB 519, 0r 520 be
compatible with BASE.

I've seen a note from Noah Dietrich in his guided install stating "Download
and install ADODB 5.18 (not ADODB 5.19, it is not compatible with the
current version of

BASE)", and was dated January 2015, so it was a recent statement. There was
no reason given.

Does anyone have a clue as to why, or what we could be seeing as a clue that
ADODB above 518 is not compatible.

Is anyone using ADODB 519, 0r 520 with any luck in unison with the BASE
console software?

Thanks.