[Snort-users] Pulledpork 500 error, but I do have current certs!

Avery Rozar Avery.Rozar at ...16118...
Thu Aug 27 18:16:12 EDT 2015

Hello All,
I'm running Sort 2.7.5 on FreeBSD 10.1, when I try to update the rules with pulledpork I get a 500 error. The -vv option shows that it can not verify the cert, but I do have the current root certs. I've removed the https for http in the pulledpork.conf but it seems to be getting a redirect back to https for AWS.

My root cert is in "/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mozilla/CA/cacert.pem", I've verified with "openssl s_client -CAfile /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mozilla/CA/cacert.pem -connect s3.amazonaws.com:443 < /dev/null". I assume this may be a perl issue (not really sure), is there a way to tell pulledpork where to look for the root certs, or could I just setup a symbolic link? If I can just do a symbiotic link where should I put it?

Thanks,
Avery