[Snort-users] Strange startup message

Frank Ripepi frankrip at ...9090...
Tue Aug 18 22:21:34 EDT 2015

Thanks for the response!

It is already in my configurations file.

From: Big Whale [mailto:d0lph1n98 at ...131...]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 7:28 PM
To: Frank Ripepi; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Strange startup message

try preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default just before your preprocessor http_inspect_server in configuration file

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:12 AM, Frank Ripepi <frankrip at ...9090... <mailto:frankrip at ...9090...> > wrote:

Used snort some 10 years ago and returned yesterday. Got things up and running on windows monitoring my internal home network. Everything worked great, logging, success!

Aborted snort, but left WinPcap running when I retired for the evening. Restarted snort using same command line args, making no changed to the config file, and received this error: ERROR: c:\snort\etc\snort.conf(0) Failed to parse the IP address: 40.25.0.3/125.123.194.119.  Tried a backup copy of the config and same error. Rebooted and Snort ran fine.

Is this something that WinPcap sniffed up while Snort was down and should I be worried?

Thanks for any help!

Please visit http://blog.snort.org  <http://blog.snort.org/> to stay current on all the latest Snort news!