[Snort-users] http_methods error starting snort on solaris 9

Lamont, Brian A. Brian.Lamont at ...17273...
Mon Aug 10 16:44:25 EDT 2015

I get the error below when trying to start snort on solaris 9.

FATAL ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(339) => Invalid keyword 'http_methods' for server configuration.

I have found other threads with the http_methods error and continued to get different errors with every change I made.

x47264-root> 396 # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/snort/lib:/opt/snort/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor:/opt/snort/lib/snort_dynamicengine:/opt/snort/mysql/lib:/opt/snort/ssl/lib

<x47264-root> 398 # /opt/snort/bin/snort -V
ld.so.1: snort: fatal: libssl.so.1.0.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Brian Lamont

Unix Systems Admin
GENERAL DYNAMICS - Mission Systems
Desk:  480 586-9986
Cell:  480 209-8751
This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policies 07-103 and 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.