[Snort-users] Hosts Attribute exception/override?

Fri Apr 17 12:25:51 EDT 2015

Any update on this?

It makes me wonder if I’m missing anything due to the hosts_attribute table not being 100% “right”.  The behaviour is also not very intuitive, imo.

From: Joel Esler (jesler) [mailto:jesler at ...589...]
Sent: January 22, 2015 5:11 PM
To: Jefferson, Shawn
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Hosts Attribute exception/override?

:) we are designing something now.
--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2015, at 7:29 PM, Jefferson, Shawn <Shawn.Jefferson at ...14448...<mailto:Shawn.Jefferson at ...14448...>> wrote:
Thanks, I’ll try to script that into the process.

On this topic though, I was thinking, should the hosts attribute system be over-riding ports that are defined in the snort.conf like this?  I can see it adding ports that it knows run a specific service, but if I am telling it that 3128 is an HTTP port in my snort.conf shouldn’t it honor that?