[Snort-users] Post-Detection keyword [logto] not working

Emiliano Fausto emiliano.fausto at ...11827...
Thu Apr 16 14:33:07 EDT 2015

Hello there,

maybe using the logto keyword wasn't the best option as it's not working
properly in version 2.9.7, and besides there isn't too much example
documentation about it.

So... does anyone knows if there's any possibility to keep a log file
containing something like:

ALERT_FAST information
PACKET_CAPTURES that triggered the alert

Let's say, something like:
[**] [1-3434343-0] Testing [**] [Priority: 0]  04/16-20:03:144335
172.16.101.102:55322 -> 172.16.101.103:8000
GET /file_which_trigger.txt HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: identity
Host: 172.16.101.102:8000
Connection: Keep-Alive

And for  each ALERT TRIGGERED, the  corresponding packet information.

Thanks in advance to who can help me on this!
Emiliano.