[Snort-users] Design and Hardware.

Binde Dig bindedig at ...11827...
Thu Apr 2 12:33:42 EDT 2015

My company wants to install a modern security solution and it has been
suggested that we use SNORT for the IDS solution.

We have about 200 users and 8 VLANs segmenting users ,servers, DMZ, video
conf as well as VOIP. We are running Fortinet Firewalls and have a 100meg
internet uplink.

What we are looking for is how many sensors do we need and what kind of
server do we need and what kind of space, memory and proc power do we need?

Any suggestions would be great. Oh, we want to run it on a Windows platform
(yes I know Unix based is better) but that what the company wants.

Thanks,

Steve