[Snort-users] Snort Install

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at ...589...
Thu Apr 2 06:51:05 EDT 2015

Hello,

Please see the DAQ README which is where the info below was taken from:

Notes on iptables
=================

These notes are just a quick reminder that you need to set up iptables to use
the IPQ or NFQ DAQs.  Doing so may cause problems with your network so tread
carefully.  The examples below are intentionally incomplete so please read the
related documentation first.

FreeBSD
-------
In FreeBSD 10.0, netmap has been integrated into the core OS.  In order to use
it, you must recompile your kernel with the line

    device netmap

added to your kernel config.

Linux
-----
You will need to download the netmap source code from the project's repository:

    https://code.google.com/p/netmap/

Follow the instructions on the project's homepage for compiling and installing
the code:

    http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/netmap/

Hope this helps!

Albert Lewis