[Snort-users] No Sensors Showing in Snorby

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Sep 10 21:10:30 EDT 2014

On 9/10/2014 5:14 PM, Matt M. wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
> I've been able to get Snort, Barnyard2, Pulled Pork, and Snorby "working".
>   However, I'm not seeing any sensors populate in Snorby.
>
> My *Snort Config* has:
> output unified2: filename snort.log, limit 128, nostamp, mpls_event_types,
> vlan_event_types
>
> *Barnyard2.conf* has:
> output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort user=snorby password=PASSWORD
> host=localhost
>
> I can see that snort is running and creating a snort.log file.

what "log file"?
what is its name?
what does the output section of your snort.conf look like?
is barnyard reading the log file and populating the database?
are barnyard and snorby both using the same database?

details, man... details ;)