[Snort-users] Modifying Rules Works One Direction, but Not T'Other

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Sat Nov 29 19:26:05 EST 2014

The conversation is welcome to stay on this list.  I believe both of you to be right.  Google is to be feared, however, this list had been indexed by Google for the past 14 years.

The Ruleset mentioned on Snort.org<http://Snort.org> is the official Ruleset maintained by us, the company who produces and maintains Snort.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2014, at 7:20 PM, colony.three <colony.three at ...17037...<mailto:colony.three at ...17037...>> wrote:

>> Suggestion to all: Doesn't make sense to set EXTERNAL_NET=any.

>That may be true for your environment. But there are environments
where EXTERNAL_NET=any makes sense. Not all environments are the
same. That's why it's a variable, so that folks can modify it to suit
their environment.

I understand.  Thar be monsters....

> I fully understand the concerns that folks have about Google. I'll
repeat my previous statement that you sending an email to this Snort
mailing list is still public info and still indexed by Google.

> If you have further questions about Security Onion, please send an
email to security-onion at ...14071...<mailto:security-onion at ...14071...> and, again, you can use your
existing email account.

Thank you, but again and again, No.