[Snort-users] Modifying Rules Works One Direction, but Not T'Other

Doug Burks doug.burks at ...11827...
Sat Nov 29 15:13:20 EST 2014

What specific anomalies are you referring to?  I see some
classification.config warnings and a Barnyard error (which is normal
since Barnyard is only updating a database table and not processing
any actual unified2 data).  I'm not seeing any critical problems
there.

I'm pretty sure we've gone beyond the scope of this Snort mailing list
and should move this conversation to the Security Onion mailing list.
As I mentioned previously, you don't have to have a Google account:

You should also be able to use our Google Group as a standard mailing
list just like this Snort mailing list.  Send email to
security-onion at ...14071... from your existing non-Google email
account you're using here.  You'll receive replies at the same
non-Google email account.  At that point, it's really no different
than using this Snort mailing list.

--
Doug Burks
Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?