[Snort-users] Snort missing C99 patch

Michael Altizer mialtize at ...589...
Fri Nov 21 12:27:24 EST 2014

Sounds like the DAQ library you have is an alpha/beta version, which is
what that check was put in to detect (it has the new function, but an
old version of the struct definition).  If you look at daq_common.h, you
should see that the DAQ_DP_key_t structure looks like this:

typedef struct _DAQ_DP_key_t {
     uint32_t af;                /* AF_INET or AF_INET6 */
     union {
         struct in_addr src_ip4;
         struct in6_addr src_ip6;
     } sa;
     union {
         struct in_addr dst_ip4;
         struct in6_addr dst_ip6;
     } da;
     uint8_t protocol;           /* TCP or UDP (IPPROTO_TCP or
IPPROTO_UDP )*/
     uint16_t src_port;          /* TCP/UDP source port */
     uint16_t dst_port;          /* TCP/UDP destination port */
     uint16_t address_space_id;  /* Address Space ID */
     uint16_t tunnel_type;       /* Tunnel type */
     uint16_t vlan_id;           /* VLAN ID */
     uint16_t vlan_cnots;
} DAQ_DP_key_t;

Note the named 'sa' and 'da' unions.  If it doesn't look like that, you
need to update with the final version of libdaq 2.0.4, which is
available on the snort.org website.  I just verified that the src.rpm
there has the right version of the headers.