[Snort-users] SNORT and Emulex DAG

Bill Bernsen bill.bernsen at ...6823...
Thu Nov 13 16:17:31 EST 2014

A couple things to try:

1)  Have you confirmed your dag is configured, up, and running how you'd
expect?  Check dagconfig to make sure it is receiving (and dropping)
packets on all the interfaces you'd expect.  Then, attach tcpdump to one of
the streams and confirm that it is working.

2)  Confirm your initscript is trying to attach to separate dag stream as
network interfaces.  The debug information you provided here is sparse but
it claims it doesn't have permission to attach to /dev/dag0.  I'm not sure
if this is an artifact of what DAQ is doing behind the scenes but that
isn't where I'd expect the data acquisition stack to connect.  It should be
attaching to a network interface such as dag0:0.  What is the invocation
line for snort in your script?

--
Bill Bernsen                                                    Network
Security Analyst