[Snort-users] Snort inline afpaquet slow network

Charlie Heselton charles.heselton at ...11827...
Tue Nov 11 22:34:48 EST 2014

Apologize, for beginners, for bumping an old thread.  I'm experimenting
with inline snort and am seeing similar issues.  I'm unable to tell whether
it's hardware or something else.  I haven't tested the bridge yet, but that
is on the list of things to do.

Certain sites, especially those that load "stuff" (data, flash, etc.) in
the background seem to be most heavily affected.

Interestingly, the load on the interfaces/bridge (AFPacket "bridge") seems
to be relatively low.