[Snort-users] Errors initializing Snort with netmap support

Michael Altizer xiche at ...3147...
Tue Nov 11 13:08:01 EST 2014

Just as a sanity check, did you follow the instructions in the README
and recompile the FreeBSD kernel with netmap support (and then boot into
it)?  If so, are there any messages in dmesg  when you attempt this?  To
verify that netmap support is enabled for em0, you should see something
like this:

# dmesg | grep netmap
netmap: loaded module
001.000006 netmap_attach [2244] success for em0